Court ADR Links turn annotation off
The links listed here provide the national context for the field of court ADR.
Indicates that RSI particularly recommends the resource.
Note: This list is not exhaustive and placement here should not be considered an endorsement by RSI. Updates or suggestions for additional links are welcome. To provide information, contact RSI.
Court ADR Research
- Center for Policy Research (centerforpolicyresearch.org)
This organization works to research, construct, and evaluate projects for the purpose of promoting social justice. In the ADR field, its focus is on family issues.
- Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding: A Selected Bibliography (peacemakers.ca/bibliography)
This site contains hundreds of resources on dispute resolution, divided into categories that include: ADR, Conflict Resolution, Arbitration, Dispute Resolution Systems, Family Mediation, Human Rights, Mediation Standards, Public Dispute Resolution, Restorative Justice and others.
- Federal Judicial Center (fjc.gov)
They describe themselves as the "research and education agency of the federal judicial system." Their site includes several downloadable on-line publications relating to the use of ADR in the federal courts.
- International Institute for Restorative Practices (iirp.org/lib_online_collection.php)
IIRP's library contains a number of articles and studies on restorative justice topics and programs.
- Mediate.com (mediate.com)
This site provides many articles on mediaton, as well as resources for mediators on managing their practice.
- National Center for State Courts (ncsconline.org/wc/CourTopics/topiclisting.asp)
They describe themselves as "an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to the improvement of justice." Visitors to this site can use its internal search engine to access information and studies on court-based ADR in various states across the country, as well as information on other court activities.
- National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (ncjfcj.org)
The council provides technical assistance to child protection and dependency courts interested in establishing mediation programs. It also conducts research on mediation in these courts.
- Resolution Systems Institute (aboutrsi.org)
RSI's mission is to strengthen justice by enhancing court alternative dispute resolution systems through expertise in program development, research and resources. To accomplish this mission, RSI provides courts with assistance in program development, creates monitoring and evaluation systems, and collects and disseminates information regarding court ADR.
- University of Minnesota Center for Restorative Justice and Peacemaking (cehd.umn.edu/ssw/rjp)
They describe themselves as "committed to the development of community-based restorative responses to crime and violence..." Their site includes a listing of books and videos, a directory of VORPs in the United States, many links, and information regarding training.
- ^back to top
- Indisputably (indisputably.org)
Six law professors specializing in ADR have joined up to blog about mediation, negotiation, arbitration and more.
- Just Court ADR (blog.aboutrsi.org)
Resolution Systems Institute's blog, where RSI staff members discuss current issues in court ADR.
- Recent Developments in Dispute Resolution (email@example.com)
This is a service of the Willamette University Dispute Resolution Information Service. It provides information on recent case law related to ADR. To subscribe, send a message saying "subscribe dis-res [your name]".
- World Directory of Alternative Dispute Resolution Blogs (adrblogs.com)
This handy web site lists all the blogs around the world that discuss issues surrounding ADR, along with a synopsis of what the blog is.
- ^back to top
- American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution (americanbar.org/groups/dispute_resolution.html)
The Section states provides its members and the public with creative leadership in the dispute resolution field by fostering diversity, developing and offering educational programs, providing technical assistance, and producing publications that promote problem-solving and excellence in the provision of dispute resolution services.
- Association for Conflict Resolution (acrnet.org)
ACR is a "professional organization dedicated to enhancing the practice and public understanding of conflict resolution." Their site includes publications and other resources, a calendar of conferences, and discussion forums.
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC) (afccnet.org)
They describe themselves as an "interdisciplinary and international association of professionals dedicated to improving the lives of children and families through the resolution of family conflict." Their site includes information on conferences and training opportunities, as well as a catalogue of videotapes and publications.
- National Association for Community Mediation (NAFCM) (nafcm.org)
NAFCM supports the development of community-based mediation programs and processes, with the aim of influencing policy-making. The organization provides training programs and resources for community mediation center staff and volunteers, and provides discounted case management software for its member organizations.
- ^back to top
State Court ADR Offices
- Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution (alabamaadr.org)
- Alaska Judicial Council (ajc.state.ak.us)
- California Center for Families, Children & the Courts (courts.ca.gov/programs-cfcc.htm)
- Colorado Office of Dispute Resolution (courts.state.co.us/Administration/Unit.cfm?Unit=odr)
- Florida Dispute Resolution Center (flcourts.org/gen_public/adr/index.shtml)
- Georgia Commission on Dispute Resolution (godr.org)
- Hawaii Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution (courts.state.hi.us/page_server/Services/AlternativeDispute/4E3D896DFE782019EB28F79FE3.html)
- Kansas Judicial Branch Dispute Resolution Program (kscourts.org/programs/alternative-dispute-resolution/default.asp)
- Kentucky Court of Justice Office of Mediation (courts.ky.gov/stateprograms/mediation/default.htm)
- Maryland Mediation and Conflict Resolution Office (marylandmacro.org)
- Massachusetts Office of Public Collaboration (mopc.umb.edu)
- Michigan Office of Dispute Resolution (courts.michigan.gov/scao/dispute/odr.htm)
- Minnesota Alternative Dispute Resolution (mncourts.gov/?page=303)
- Mississippi Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Section (https://www.msbar.org/7_alternative_dispute_resolution.php)
- Nebraska Supreme Court Office of Dispute Resolution (supremecourt.ne.gov/mediation/index.shtml)
- New Hampshire Office of Mediation and Arbitration (courts.state.nh.us/adrp/index.htm)
- New Jersey Office of Complementary Dispute Resolution (judiciary.state.nj.us/services/cdr.htm)
- New York Office of Alternative Dispute Resolution and Court Improvement Programs (courts.state.ny.us/ip/adr/index.shtml)
- North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission (nccourts.org/Courts/CRS/Councils/DRC/Default.asp)
- North Dakota Supreme Court (ndcourts.com/court/adr)
- Ohio Supreme Court Dispute Resolution Section (sconet.state.oh.us/JCS/disputeResolution)
- Oklahoma Alternative Dispute Resolution System (oscn.net/static/adr/default.aspx)
- Oregon Consensus Program (orconsensus.pdx.edu/about.php)
- South Carolina Bar Alternative Dispute Resolution Section (scbar.org/Sections/DisputeResolutionSection.aspx)
- State Bar of Texas Alternative Dispute Resolution Section (texasadr.org)
- State of Connecticut Judicial Branch (jud.ct.gov/external/super/altdisp.htm)
- State of Maine Judicial Branch (courts.state.me.us/court_info/adr/index.shtml)
- Tennessee ADR Commission (tsc.state.tn.us/programs/mediation/commission-members)
- University of Texas at Austin Center for Public Policy Dispute Resolution (utexas.edu/law/academics/centers/cppdr)
- Utah Court-Annexed ADR Programs (utcourts.gov/mediation)
- Virginia Division of Dispute Resolution Services (courts.state.va.us/courtadmin/aoc/djs/programs/drs/home.html)
- ^back to top